[tex-live] Is pdftex developed in TeX Live?

Florian Breitwieser florian.bw at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 16:09:05 CET 2013

Hi Karl,

> The actual upstream is at supelec
> (https://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/pdftex), and has been for years
> now.  But in practice it's fine to use the TL sources.

Thanks for the information - I saw the site, but just looked at the
main page for file releases, and not into the repository. Next time I
look deeper.

> As for help with your building the patched version, it's not exactly
> germane to tlbuild, since you are explicitly disabling TL stuff.  So if
> no one answers there, you might try pdftex at tug.org, and if that fails
> too, ntg-pdftex at ntg.nl.
>
> As for actually getting the patches installed, Thanh would be the
> person to look at that.  He is not on tlbuild but is on the others.  I
> forwarded him the url, anyway.

Thanks - I think I now got how to build [1]. I will go there if there
are further issues.

Best,
Florian

[1] http://tug.org/pipermail/tlbuild/2013q4/002707.html