[tex-live] TeXstudio: candidate for TeX Live 2014?

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sat Aug 17 02:57:59 CEST 2013

On 08/16/2013 12:44 PM, Nelson H. F. Beebe wrote:

> Yesterday, the sourceforge newsletter carried this announcement:

>>> TeXstudio Is the August Project of the Month

[...]

> It is available here:
>
> 	http://sourceforge.net/projects/texstudio/
>
> I spent considerable time yesterday and today trying to build it
> on various flavors of Unix.

Besides Karl's comments, let me tell you that Debian-based distributions
have both TeXstudio and TeXmaker (the program from which TeXstudio was
forked) in their repositories; for example, Ubuntu 12.10 (the one I'm
using) has texstudio 2.3+debian-3.

Not up to date, true, but if you want to build it yourself, build-dep is
wonderful:

> sudo apt-get build-dep texstudio
> [sudo] password for axretif:
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
>   libhunspell-dev libpoppler-dev libpoppler-private-dev libpoppler-qt4-4 libpoppler-qt4-dev
>   libqt4-dev libqt4-dev-bin qt4-linguist-tools qt4-qmake
> 0 upgraded, 9 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

I also use Emacs for my LaTeX (and org-mode) files, and I compiled mine
in $HOME/bin using first build-dep:

> sudo apt-get build-dep emacs24

Unfortunately, I don't think that with RedHat 5 you can do it (but I
don't know *anything* about RedHat).

Best

Axel