[tex-live] User names too longs or with diacritics on Windows

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 17:42:42 CEST 2013

2013/4/14 Akira Kakuto <kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp>:
> Dear Philip,
>

>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/windows/desktop/dd317748%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
>> refers.
>

> Many thanks. I little understand the file name system in windows
> to improve the present status of kpathsea, sorry.

At least in Linux the system code page may differ from the filesystem
code page, there are mount options for that and when burning a CD I
can select a code page for the ISO 9600 filesystem. I am not sure
whether it is noted somwhere in the filesystem and whether a program
can ask how the file names are coded (eg when reading files from USB
sticks etc).

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/