[tex-live] [pretest] State on windows

Uwe Siart uwe.siart at tum.de
Thu Apr 11 11:30:17 CEST 2013

Today I got back my pretest install on windows. I'm aware that pretest
is not yet officially open and things are not yet settled. Just want to
report my observations in case it helps:

1) mktexlsr works.

2) Line 22 in tlmgr.bat still points to \texmf\scripts\texlive\tlmgr.pl.
I corrected this. --> tlmgr works.

3) updmap-sys fails. Hence my map dirs in texmf-var are empty. I think I
saw an error dialog saying that lua52.dll (or so) can't be found.

BTW: Do you think I have to reinstall again from scratch? Or am I lucky
because tlmgr works, so I can get the next updates cleanly through
tlmgr?

--
Uwe