[tex-live] tl'12 freeze after Saturday build

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Apr 10 20:45:40 CEST 2013

On 2013-04-10 at 05:48:01 +0200, Uwe Siart wrote:

 > On 9 Apr 2013 at 21:27, Karl Berry wrote:
 >
 > > I had intentionally not announced it since (1) as of yesterday,
 > > only one platform had new binaries (i386-linux), and (2) I
 > > touched another big batch of packages today, and having people
 > > end up downloading everything twice seemed pointless.
 >
 > Ah, yes, I already atoned for my impatience ;-) My windows install
 > yesterday didn't work at all. mktexlsr couldn't find texmf.cnf,
 > updmap-sys cried for some script it could not find, tlmgr wasn't
 > found at all ... Will keep on trying :-)

Uwe, it seems you have to wait for new binaries.  The reason nothing
works is that the files from texmf has been moved to texmf-dist.  The
kpathsea version in TL-2012 doesn't have texmf-dist/web2c in its
search path.  Hence texmf.cnf isn't found.

If you want to experiment though you can copy
texmf-dist/web2c/texmf.cnf to bin/win32/ .  But it doesn't make sense
to test the old binaries anyway.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25