[tex-live] Possibility to enhance registers

bernhard bernhard.kleine at gmx.net
Mon Sep 24 21:56:56 CEST 2012

Dear friends,

in the final stage of my book I encounter a crazy error:

[213])) [214]
\openout2 = `Kap8/kap08_Rezeptoren.aux'.

(./Kap8/kap08_Rezeptoren.tex Kapitel 8.
\openout3 = `DritteDeutscheEdition.mtc'.
\openout3 = `DritteDeutscheEdition.mtc'.
! You can't use `\unpenalty' in vertical mode.
\mtc at BBR ->\unpenalty
                      \nopagebreak [4]
\sv at minitoc@ ...\leavevmode \mtc at zrule \\\mtc at BBR
\leftmargin \mtcindent \ri...
\minitoc@ ...ndottedtoclinep \fi \sv at minitoc@ [#1] }
<to be read again> \bigskip
l.5 \minitoc\bigskip

Sorry...I usually can't take things from the current page.
Perhaps you can make the output routine do it.

(./DritteDeutscheEdition.mtc8)

It is not the code in the file which raises this error since I can using
excludeonly exclude entire chapters and the error appears again. I
have :
        {\centering
        \setcounter{minitocdepth}{2}
        \minitoc\bigskip
        }
at the beginning of any chapter.

To remedy this situation I have in the texlive-directory (here
at /usr/local/texlive/texlive2011) the file texmf.cnf which has
drastically enhanced register values for tex-variables, however to no
avail.

My question is: Where can I increase texmf-registers to have all the 420
pages of my book compiled without this annoying error which crept in
earlier this year.

And I donot think this is OT since it deals with configuring tex in
texlive.

Greetings Bernhard