[tex-live] perl or lua standard library modules in texlive

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Sep 24 00:48:14 CEST 2012

    scripts/mol2chemfig/lua/*.lua
    scripts/mol2chemfig/python/*.py

There's no need to separate things by language (unless you want to).

    I understand that luatex / texlua uses kpathsea?

Yes.

    would be executed by texlua and the lua modules to be imported could
    be installed by TeXLive somewhere in the LUAINPUTS path then it should
    work - no?

Yes, that's my understanding as well.  And that's fine, but if you rely
on that default lookup, please name your files with a unique prefix,
e.g., mol2c.  So, mol2c-common.py, not just common.py.  (Or .lua, or
whatever, the point is the same regardless.)

Once again: TL per se has no preference between languages.

Thanks,