[tex-live] texdoc for libertine

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Nov 25 03:24:31 CET 2012

Hi Robin,

On Sa, 24 Nov 2012, Robin Fairbairns wrote:
> > THere is already a way to do that: When uploading to CTAN one can specify
> > the name of the documentation and more data.
>
> that has never been possible.  if you see stuff in the catalogue about

Sorry, my failure. I remembered that interesting extension of the
upload process with improved entry form etc etc etc that someone
at some time has created ... was a nice feature, though ... pity it
never materialized.

> i don't believe there's much more _i_ can do to flag important features
> of the documentation -- if there are things i can place in the catalogue
> that would get passed to texdoc, i would be happy to oblige ... but i
> need to be told what to do.

texdoc already reads the tlpdb if available, or a dump of it, and
the tlpdb contains the docfiles tagged in by what you have put into
the catalogue. So in most cases the full information is already available.

Best wishes

Norbert
DUGGLEBY (n.)
The person in front of you in the supermarket queue who has just
unloaded a bulging trolley on to the conveyor belt and is now in the
process of trying to work out which pocket they left their cheque book
in, and indeed which pair of trousers.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff