[tex-live] TeX Live 2012 fonts instalation

Josef Tkadlec tkadlec at fel.cvut.cz
Tue Nov 6 09:06:26 CET 2012

Hi Norbert,

there is a difference in the location of the modified (created, if
nonexisting) updmap.cfg file. Using the procedure decribed in
http://www.tug.org/fonts/fontinstall.html the file is
2012/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg while you wrote about the file
texmf-local/web2c/updmap.cfg.

Meantime I obtained an advice to use (create) the file
texmf-local/web2c/updmap-local.cfg. This differes from your advice only
in the name of the file (is in the same directory). I wonder whether
there is a missprint or whether both names are acceptable.

Best wishes,
Josef