[tex-live] tl'12 plans

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Sun May 6 17:32:40 CEST 2012

On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 01:00:41AM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
> FYI ... I believe I've caught up with the backlog of package updates
> from my time away.
>
> I expect to keep updating normally for a little less than one more week
> (May 10).  At that point, we'll freeze tlnet updates and tl'11 will be
> frozen forever.
>
> We'll start building tlpretest shortly after that, after an initial set
> of new binaries has been committed.
>
> We will still update from CTAN normally for another two weeks or so
> after that, but those updates will go to tlpretest.  Then there will be
> a short period for final bug fixes and doc tweaks when updates will be
> made only on request.  (I hope to start the doc updates soon.)
>
> I put my best guess at the schedule on the TL home page,
> http://tug.org/texlive.
>
> karl

One change I would like to see:

appending a version number to filetypes, e.g.
filetype=TL.PSView.view.2012

This would help when people have multiple TL installations on one
w32 system.

This could be done by adding the version number in 4 .tlpsrc files,
either manually or via a script, or it could be done by
install_tl/tlmgr.

WDYT?

--
Siep Kroonenberg