[tex-live] movie15 and media9

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sun Mar 18 21:48:15 CET 2012

Heiko Oberdiek <heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 05:16:48PM +0100, Zdenek Wagner wrote:

> > > that is the intention.
> > >
> > > unfortunately, alexander grahn gave karl berry a list of packages that
> > > use features of acrocr*p reader.
> > >
> > > myself, i'm worried about hyperref (i don't know enough to be sure
> > > whether it relies of acrocr*p reader, for some of its many functions)...
>
> It's clearly useful for free PDF readers (links, bookmarks, ...).
> IMHO "not require nonfree software to be useful" does not mean
> that any support of nonfree software is forbidden.
>
> > Hyperlinks work in ghostview but I am not avare of any PDF viewer that
> > can display outlines.
>
> xpdf.
>
> > If this happens, almost all documents will be
> > nonfree because they rely on hyperref.
>
> No, hyperref is free, it's license is LPPL.

its licence isn't relevant.  movie15 is lppl, but has been removed from
tl.

the uk tex faq is released pd, but with the code you wrote for me that
produces popups in the pdf version of the faq, istm that the faq should
not be in tex live.

likewise scott pakin's (lppl) visualfaq, i think ... can't check from
here with the pdf viewers i have.

robin

the pawn