[tex-live] Help about using rotating package in LaTeX

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Wed Mar 14 15:21:07 CET 2012

Èîï£ wrote, On 2012-03-14 11:04:
> Hi,
>

> I am new to LaTeX and a puzzle about using rotating package troubled me for some time.
>

> Here is example my code:
>

> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage[english]{babel}
> % \usepackage{rotating}
> \usepackage{blindtext}
> \usepackage[demo]{graphicx}
> \pagestyle{empty}
> \begin{document}
> \section{Including a picture}
> \blindtext
> % \begin{sidewaysfigure}
> \begin{figure}
>     \centering
>     \includegraphics{test}
> \end{figure}
> % \end{sidewaysfigure}
> \end{document}
>

> The code above can pass the compiler of pdflatex in my laptop. However, if I uncommented the code, there arouse an error message. What's more, I further found even if I only uncommented the first %, ie, only loading the rotating package, I will also get a compiling error. How can I rotate the picture in my example?
>

> Could anyone give me some hints? Thanks a billion!!
>

> Ruan Zheng

Next time please use the texhax list (see tug.org) this list is for
technical issues with the TeXLive distribution, not for general LaTeX
questions

Back to your equestion.

sidewaysfigure is a float on its own, so you should not use it along
with figure (just remove \begin/end{figure})

plus if you need to pass options to graphicx, load it before the
rotating package (it will itself load graphicx without options, thus
creating an option clash)

--

/daleif