[tex-live] Slow compilation on a mac

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Mar 8 04:16:33 CET 2012

On Mi, 07 Mär 2012, Sara Sinclair Brody wrote:
> I'm experiencing some painfully slow compilation time on my Mac.   Pasted

What is *painfully* slow?

Can you send the output of
	tlmgr conf
please.

Maybe you have added $HOME to your search path, and kpathsea is now
searching *ALL* of your home every time it searches for a file,
*AND* maybe you have it mounted via NFS, and  and and

Not enough information...

If you don't mind me looking into the diss, send me the whole
stuff per personal email and I see if I cna reproduce the problem.

Best wishes

Norbert
GLENTAGGART (n.)
A particular kind of tartan hold-all, made exclusive under licence for
British Airways. When waiting to collect your luggage from an airport
conveyor belt, you will notice that on the next conveyor belt a
solitary bag is going round and round uncollected. This is a
glentaggart, which has been placed there by the baggage-handling staff
to take your mind off the fact that your own luggage will shortly be
landing in Murmansk.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff