[tex-live] Help needed

DAVIDE LENA dxl1840 at rit.edu
Sun Jun 3 00:00:15 CEST 2012

Hi guys, thanks for your reply. That was fast!  Last night I ended up
downloading the latest Latex version.
If I give the command "tlmgr --version" (now), this is the result:

[MacBook-Pro-di-Davide:~] davide% tlmgr --version
tlmgr revision 23117 (2011-06-23 20:00:23 +0200)
tlmgr using installation: /usr/local/texlive/2011
TeX Live (http://tug.org/texlive) version 2011
texlive-20110618

I went through that because I am using
\documentclass[iop]{emulateapj}
for the first time. While compiling it was complaining about some old
package related to the bibliography and it was not putting any reference
into the final pdf. Instead of the reference there was (?). Even though
latex does not complaint any more about that package, there is still some
problem with the bibliography. I do not know if you are familiar with this
documentclass. If you think you can help me (if you want to :) ) I attached
a snapshot of the error message.

The bibliography that I am using is something like that:

\begin{thebibliography}{}
\bibitem[Abell et al.(1989)]{AbellCO89} Abell, G.~O., Corwin, H.~G., Jr.,
\& Olowin, R.~P.\ 1989, \apjs, 70, 1
\end{thebibliography}

I even added the line
\bibliographystyle{plainnat}
I still get the same error message and I get references between round
brackets.

--
Davide Lena
RIT Graduate Student