[tex-live] Segmentation fault: pdfpages?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jun 2 00:21:22 CEST 2012

Hi Denis,

    I discovered a segmentation fault with a very long file,

Thanks for the report.  Turns out this is the same problem previously
reported (debian bug #672951), and Thanh has already devised a partial
fix -- in that pdftex now at least diagnoses the problem and gives a
report instead of a seg fault.  Namely:

!pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file ./test.pdf): PDF inclusion: /Group dict missing
 ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

How to actually work around the problem, I don't know.  Maybe
the PDF to PS and back again, or "flatten" it, or some other random
operation ...

Best,
Karl