[tex-live] problem installing/configuring biber

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Tue Jul 24 15:47:27 CEST 2012

Clea F. Rees wrote:
 > Essentially, biber does not work for me. In TL 2011 this wasn't too
 > much of a problem.

Works for me, using TeX Live 2011, running in Windows 7 32-bit.
Biber --help takes an enormously long time to do anything the
first time it is tried, thereafter considerably quicker but
nowhere near as fast as one might anticipate.  I am afraid
I have no knowledge whatsover of what differences you might
experience if you try to run it in any operating system other
than Microsoft Windows 7.

Philip Taylor