[tex-live] changed hyphenation after update to texlive 2012

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Jul 15 07:18:35 CEST 2012

On 2012-07-14 at 22:46:29 -0400, Norbert Preining wrote:

 > Dear Phil,
 >
 > > %(a) the filename (the portion before the extension, if any)
 > > %    must not match any of :
 > > %
 > > %        UKHYPH                  UK-HYPH
 > > %        UKHYPHEN                UK-HYPHEN
 > > %        UKHYPHENS               UK-HYPHENS
 > > %        UKHYPHENATION           UK-HYPHENATION
 > > %        UKHYPHENISATION         UK-HYPHENISATION
 > > %        UKHYPHENIZATION         UK-HYPHENIZATION
 > > %
 > > %   regardless of case, and
 >

 > Exactely that, don't you think it is *ridiculuous*?
 >
 > At least I do. LPPL would have been better.
 >
 > But anyway, it is like it is, not that I care much, but it just
 > makes life soooo much harder for others (like distributors) with
 > this children game

Norbert, I fully agree with you that LPPL is the most appropriate
license for such things.

But suppose that I created something and made it available to others.
If then someone tells me that all I've done is ridiculous or a
children's game, the very first thing which comes to my mind is to
point him to:

  http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leck_mich_am_Arsch

Norbert, do you want to achieve anything or do you simply want to
complain?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25