[tex-live] ARRRGGGGGGG: premature german texlive announcement

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at gmx.de
Mon Jul 9 16:56:23 CEST 2012

Am 09.07.2012 um 16:37 schrieb Rainer Schöpf:

> Although many CTAN mirrors have not yet picked up the TL 2012 release, Jürgen
> Fenn has just announced the TeXLive on german IT news ticker heise.de:
>
>  http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/TeX-Live-Jahrgang-2012-1634828.html
>
> pointing the download link to the main dante.ctan.org node.
>
> To prevent overload, I have added a Redirect directive to the generic mirror
> address
>
>  http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/Images/
>
> at dante.ctan.org.

Very sorry, Rainer, for troubling you. I hope this won't cause a slashdot effect. In fact, I wrote the article a few weeks ago, and it was my mistake, including the link to my preferred site instead of the mirror.ctan.org address then.

I have just asked the technical editor at Heise to be so kind as to change the URL. I've cc'ed you.

OTOH, it seems that the said notice is the only one outside the TeX blogosphere from an IT news wire about the release. It is getting ever harder to get TL into the news these days. We have to be grateful to Heise for their continuing interest in TL since 2008.

Regards,
Jürgen.