[tex-live] Installation problem? checksum mismatch

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 31 11:48:40 CET 2012

Bernhard Kleine <bernhard.kleine at gmx.net> wrote:

> The following warnings occur during compilation. I think they are
> related to the palatino package, which I reinstalled, the error remains.
> My texlive is up-to-date as of today.

not so much the palatino package (just latex code), rather urw-base35 bundle.

>  (/usr/local/share/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/psnfss/ot1ppl.fd
> File: ot1ppl.fd 2001/06/04 font definitions for OT1/ppl.
> )
> checksum mismatch in font pplr7t.vf ignored
> LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for OML+zplm on input
> line 27.
>
> [etc]

so i updated my tl, and tried to reproduce your effect -- without any
effect.

first, update the urw-base35 bundle, and check if that solves the issue.

otherwise, create a minimal example -- it's possible that your code is
exercising a pathway i've not touched in my simple tests.

let's see if your effect is repeatable with your code...