[tex-live] Locale in texlive

Bernhard Kleine bernhard.kleine at gmx.net
Mon Jan 30 12:53:14 CET 2012

Am Montag, den 30.01.2012, 09:26 +0100 schrieb Markus Kohm:
> Am Montag, 30. Januar 2012 schrieb Bernhard Kleine:
> > The entire desktop is coded utf-8. Only TeX/PDFLaTeX etc. generate files
> > in iso 8859-15 encoding.
>
> Configure your editor (we don't know which one you are using) to use utf8 and
> either use xelatex (→ <http://www.tug.org/xetex/) or lualatex (→
> <http://www.luatex.de/tag/lualatex/>) instead of pdflatex or at least inputenc
> with option utf8 (→ <http://ctan.org/pkg/inputenc>).
>
> These are latex basics and not TeX Live specific. So maybe you should read a
> beginners introduction zu latex and ask your questions at a general TeX
> Mailinglist (e.g. TeX-D-L oder TeX-L) or a TeX usenet group (e.g.
> comp.text.tex or de.comp.text.tex) or a (La)TeX forum at world wide web. This
> mailing list is for TeX Live specific questions and answers only.
>
> Markus
Hi Markus,

I am quite convinced that you are not correct: with Kile (latest
version), all input files utf8 coded plus \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} I
get still iso8859-15 coded log files. This is apparently a question of
configuring TeX etc and not the editor. TeX etc is configured using
texlive.

Bernhard