[tex-live] Adding texdoc only adds link

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 23:57:00 CET 2012

Hello,
** Norbert Preining [2012-01-23 07:45:32 +0900]:

> On So, 22 Jan 2012, Axel Kielhorn wrote:
>> Well, TLU did install
>> texlive/2011basic/bin/universal-darwin/texdoc
>> but that is only a link to
>> texlive/2011basic/texmf/scripts/texdoc/texdoc.tlu
>> which isn't installed.
>> (The whole folder is missing.)

> That is strange. It *should* be installed as part of the runfiles.
> I dn't see any reason how this could have happened besides that
> at installation time something got broken, or the files are installed
> to a different place.

2Axel:
So, do
1. check the log file (IMO, it is texmf-var/web2c/tlmgr.log, the path to
texmf-var is 'kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFSYSVAR');
2. reinstall texdoc (tlmgr install --reinstall texdoc).

This is my texdoc package:
$ tlmgr show --list texdoc
package:     texdoc
category:    TLCore
shortdesc:   Documentation access for TeX distributions.
longdesc:    TeXdoc is an application for easy access to the package documentation of a TeX distributions (i.e., .dvi, .pdf or .ps files on the $TEXDOCS tree). It is distributed with TeX-Live and a derivative is distributed with miktex.
installed:   Yes
revision:    25018
cat-date:    2009-11-10 00:58:07 +0100
cat-license: gpl