[tex-live] Update problem

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jan 18 00:38:54 CET 2012

Hi Robert,

On Mi, 18 Jan 2012, Robert B. Gozzoli wrote:
> updmap-sys failed (status 9), output:

Can you check if there is a file
	c:\texlive\2011\texmf-var\web2c\updmap.log
and send us that one?

I have no idea how we ended up with a exit code of 9!!!

> I understand that mdsymbol.map seems to have caused the problem. As
> the mdsymbol has been just updated in TeXLive, it can be that is my
> machine giving problem. But for this sort of failed update, what is
> the "normal" procedure to restore it the system? Deleting
> mdsymbol.map? something else?

*AFTER* you have send us the updmap.log (or saved it to some safe place),
you can run:
	updmap-sys --enable Map mdsymbol.map
if that does NOT work, again send us the above mentioned file!

Best wishes

Norbert