[tex-live] Installing latest TeX Live on Ubuntu

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Mon Feb 27 02:06:12 CET 2012

On 02/26/2012 06:50 PM, Bob Plantz wrote:

> What happens if I install another program from the Ubuntu repositories
> that depends on TexLive? It, of course, insists that the TexLive version
> from the Ubuntu repositories (TL 2009) be installed. Should one install
> both versions of TexLive?

What I do, as I said, is let apt-get or Synaptic install whatever they
want, just taking care that the path to TeXLive binaries is prepended.

I also have / and /home in different partitions, but I let texlive in
/usr/local. When changing OSs, I tar my whole TeXLive in /home, but it
*really* takes time to tar and untar.

Best

Axel