[tex-live] [FEATURE REQUEST] support for additional user texmf trees

Markus Kohm markus.kohm at gmx.de
Thu Feb 23 10:04:55 CET 2012

Am Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2012 schrieb Vladimir Lomov:
> Seems I forgot/misread kpathsea manual, would you point me in proper
> section?

I've already told you section 3.2.1. Additionally see how to change search
path using the users environment variables.

> I thought about this earlier, but TEXMFHOME can be changed in some
> texmf.cnf

And you may determine TEXMFHOME using kpsewhich. And alternatively you may
simple set TEXMFHOME at your user environment. So that's not a problem at all.

I'm often use something like

TEXMFHOME=~/testtexmf/ pdftex foo

or

TEXMFHOME=~/testtexmf/ emacs foo

for testing of several TeX environments (e.\,g. having requests to out-dated
package releases) and never needed a patch of kpathsea to extend or change
TEXMF.

Markus