[tex-live] No scroll bar when resizing the TL 2011 install dialog box

Denis Bitouzé dbitouze at wanadoo.fr
Sat Feb 18 11:27:02 CET 2012

Hi,

a student of mine and I experienced yesterday a trouble when installing
TL 2011 on Windows (maybe Vista, I don't remember), through the
install-tl-advanced.bat script, on its netbook: the dialog box being
too high for the screen, we resized it (not very handy) but no scroll
bar appears so it was impossible to reach the "Install TeX Live"
button (we tried blindly with TAB key with no success).

We managed because, by chance, hiding the task bar made the "Install TeX
Live" button visible. But this student confess that she couldn't have
managed unaided.

Regards.
--
Denis