[tex-live] bibtex8 on Linux do not work with Windows-styled .bst files

Pavel Parkhomenko ra85551 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 09:36:50 CET 2012

On 10 February 2012 12:30, Robin Fairbairns
<Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> however, it seems eccentric to say you found a copy of something in tl,
> and it doesn't work.  mending bibtex8 would be nice, but it's not likely
> to happen.
>
> now, if it turns out the the tl copy has problems, you've got a _real_
> cause for complaint.

Author of disser package (who provide me with wrong .csf files) said
that he couldn't see similar behaviour in MikTeX,
so I [erroneously] thought it might be something TeXLive-related
(because bibtex8 is included in texlive package).
I am very sorry for inconvenience caused.

This is not very big issue, I can quickly swap CRLF with LF manually
in every 'wrong' style file I am trying to use, but I just thought
that this truly 'mechanical' work may be easily done by appropriate
software tool (bibtex8)...

--
Pavel Parkhomenko