[tex-live] cygwin install of tetex-20120119 broken.

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sun Feb 5 23:51:21 CET 2012

Ken Brown <kbrow1i at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/5/2012 2:55 PM, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> > I suppose that they are maintaining a subset of TeX Live and use the
> > name tetex in order to indicate that it's not a complete TeX Live.
>
> No, this is not the case.

tex live does have a "tetex" package:

  shortdesc scripts and files originally written for or included in teTeX

it contains a few man pages, some dvips config, encoding and map files,
and a couple of scripts.

i can imagine the dvips map/config files giving problems, but they don't
bother me because my tetex stuff is hidden away on a different machine
-- i only have tl on my work desktop machine.

i think that having both tetex and tex live on the path is asking for
trouble.  quite why the problem has occurred in this way, i don't
understand: as i said, i've no way of reproducing the op's failure.

robin