[tex-live] cygwin install of tetex-20120119 broken.

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Sun Feb 5 19:09:20 CET 2012

George --

Almost all of what you are doing is way outside my area of expertise,
but one thing strikes me as very odd.  You write :

>        The CygWin installer has brought a new set of
> tetex-packages into its list this weekend.  These are
> all associated with tetex-20120119.  This replaced all
> of my previous tetex-3.0.0-3, but has suceeded in giving
> me a broken tetex installation.

and my question is : is there really a tetex-20120119
(i.e., a version of tetex dated 19th January 2012).

The reason I ask is that I understood that Thomas
Esser ceased work on tetex many moons ago (2006,
in fact [1]), and it therefore seems very odd
indeed that there should now be a tetex release
dated 2012.

Philip Taylor
--------
[1] http://www.tug.org/tetex/