[tex-live] I can not find pdftex.cfg in texlive2011 .

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 14:10:38 CET 2012

2012/2/5 waterloo <waterloo2005 at gmail.com>:
> I add map files directly in TEXMFLOCAL/fonts/map.
> Do I need to add map files in subdirectory like TEXMFLOCAL/fonts/map/dvips/
> ? (I see it in tds.pdf file.)
> I am adding fonts for chinese.
> Thanks

No, just one place below TEXMFLOCAL/fonts/map is enbough. If you do
not plan to add a lot of maps, no subdirectories are needed, otherwise
I would recommend creation of subdirectories with descriptive names
(eg chinese in your case). Mere putting the map files to that
directory does not enable the fonts, you have to instruct TL to create
configuration files for all programs. Simle method is to use
updmap-sys --enable Map=something.map, better way is to list your map
files in updmap-local.cfg. It has one nice advantage: when you install
TeX Live 2012 (after it is available), it will automatically find your
updmap-local.cfg and your map files will be added automatically. It's
thus really worth spending a bit more time.

> On 2012-2-4 下午9:50, "Reinhard Kotucha" <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
>>
>> On 2012-02-04 at 12:11:50 +0800, waterloo wrote:
>>
>>  > Thanks , Now it is OK.
>>  > But when I run tlmgr generate updmap , I find a error :
>>  >    create a mapfile for pxdvi       : false
>>  > Is this serious ?
>>
>> No.  Your timestamp
>>
>>  > 在 2012年2月4日 上午6:24,Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com>写道:
>>
>> looks Chinese.  I suppose that pxdvi is needed for Japanese only.
>> You probably need it if you are using pTeX.
>>
>> However, this is configurable.  See updmap --help
>>
>> Regards,
>>  Reinhard
>>
>> --

>> Reinhard Kotucha                                      Phone:
>> +49-511-3373112
>> Marschnerstr. 25
>> D-30167 Hannover
>>  mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de

>> Microsoft isn't the answer. Microsoft is the question, and the answer is
>> NO.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz