[tex-live] [tex-fonts] James Kass releases Code2nnn fonts under GPLv3

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Fri Feb 3 20:39:02 CET 2012

There has been a flurry of exchanges on the Unicode list today
following the announcement by James Kass, designer of the Code2000
Unicode font collection, that the fonts are now released in TrueType
format under GPLv3 and available at

	http://sourceforge.net/projects/code2000/

Unicode list posters are debating the merits of various font licenses,
but James Kass points out that the host site requires GPL, rather
than, say, GPL-with-font-exception:

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPL_font_exception

The Unicode list archives can be found via links on this page:

	http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html

Disclaimer: I have not used these fonts myself, and I have no idea
whether any work has been done to make them accessible from (La)TeX
documents.