[tex-live] xcomment

Dan Luecking dluecking at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 30 21:36:12 CET 2012

On Sun Dec 30 2012 at 12:45:57 CET, Herbert Voss
<Herbert.Voss at FU-Berlin.DE> wrote:

>the file xcomment.sty is in the same directory as
>the TeX version. It should move from /tex/generic/
>into /tex/latex/xcomment

I find that xcomment.tex does not work in plain TeX,
even with the inclusion miniltx, and therefore the whole
package is essentially LaTeX-specific, and the whole
directory should be moved to tex/latex/.

If in fact xcomment.tex were usable in plain TeX, then
there is ample precedent for keeping the LaTeX wrapper
xcomment.sty in the same directory as xcomment.tex
within the generic tree.

There are many .sty files in tex/generic/ that are simple
LaTeX wrappers for a plainTeX-usable .tex file (e.g., 2up,
colortab, dirtree, fltpoint, mfpic).

Dan

Daniel H. Luecking
Department of Mathematical Sciences