[tex-live] Adobe OFL fonts to package

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Dec 11 20:36:44 CET 2012

On 2012-12-11 at 16:07:12 +0100, Pander wrote:

 > Hi all,
 >
 > Perhaps someone here with font packaging experience would like to
 > package the follow Adobe OFL fonts for CTAN and subsequently have TeX
 > Live ship these too:
 >   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1088932
 >   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1088933

Hi Pander,
since OpenType fonts don't need TeX support files, you don't need any
experience in font packaging.  There are many other useful OTF
provided by SIL International too.

  http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?cat_id=FontDownloads

I don't have any opinion about putting them on CTAN.  As far as TeX
Live is concerned, I fear that most people prefer to have them
installed as system fonts rather than in TeX Live.  This way they can
be used with other programs too.  XeTeX and LuaTeX can use system
fonts anyway.

If someone is willing to prepare a web page with font samples and
links to the download pages, that would be best IMO.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25