[tex-live] tlmgr "Update all installed" via commandline?

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Tue Aug 28 17:28:08 CEST 2012

Lars Madsen wrote:

> There is quite a big difference in executing the command via the Windows
>   'Run command' option and actually executing it within the windows
> command prompt.

 > You have the same problem with 'texdoc -l'

I agree.  But the naive user (and even the no-so-naive) user
cannot be expected to know, a priori, that he or she needs
to launch a separate CMD session before being able to use
either of those commands successfully.

> I have no idea whether it is possible to actually detect the difference
> between the two.

Nor have I, but I very much suspect that it is.  Unfortunately
it appears to be a .exe, so I cannot experiment to see how
hard or difficult it might be to detect the difference.

** Phil.