[tex-live] xindy doesn't work on windows

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Aug 21 20:03:07 CEST 2012

Am Wed, 22 Aug 2012 01:16:22 +0900 schrieb Akira Kakuto:

> Dear Ulrike,
>
>> I can't run xindy on a texlive 2012 installed on win xp. I get the
>> following error:
>
> Here it works ok.
> What happens in the case of simpler temp dir such as
> TEMP=j:¥tmp

TEMP=J:\temp works fine, while TEMP="J:\temp temp" fails with the
same error. (Actually with *exactly* the same error: The error
message again refers to "C:\\DOKUME~1\\User\\LOKALE~1\\Temp\\").

So it is (not unsurprisingly) the space. But why I'm the only one
affected with the problem? I can't be the only windows user with a
TEMP pointing to %Userprofile ;-(.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/