[tex-live] ctan->tl updates caught up

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 3 09:19:49 CEST 2012

On 2 August 2012 22:54, Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:

> As Yury has already pointed out, the preferred solution if
> an update cannot replace a file because it is currently in
> use (by a virus scanner, or anything else) is to queue
> a boot-time job to replace the file and then advise the
> user that a re-boot will be needed.

Yeah, and then just keep rebooting for each random file that failed?
I wouldn't call this the preferred solution.

Anyway, based on the error message, I think I understand the root
cause of this particular problem:

http://www.tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2011-August/030024.html

The fix I committed yesterday should hopefully make it go away.

Cheers,

Tomek