[tex-live] Installing fonts from CTAN?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Apr 24 01:00:46 CEST 2012

On 2012-04-23 at 13:18:50 -0500, Ed Siefker wrote:

 > I'm sorry this must be a simple question, but I can't find any
 > documentation.  I'm running TexLive on Redhat Enterprise Linux 6.
 > The TexLive packages appear to be missing the 'Inconsolata' font,
 > which I need for the R project.
 >

 > Installing packages from CPAN or CRAN can be done with a single
 > command.  I assume there's something similar for CTAN?  I can't
 > find it with Google.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

There isn't something like that for CTAN.  The packages there do not
caintain the information where files have to be installed.  And even
that wouldn't be enough.

Since all Enterprise Linux distributions provide quite old TeX
systems, I recommend to install TeX Live.

  http://texlive.org

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25