[tex-live] dvipdfmx on CentOS 5.6 (glibc 2.5)

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Apr 20 00:17:12 CEST 2012

On Do, 19 Apr 2012, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> I thought Kare sent me her original dvipdfmx, not what she built. Her
> dvipdfmx does not work on my computer, it complains about missing

Yes, because she used the dvipdfmx which I build on Debian/sid
which includes the fixes from current TL svn.

> > So your dvipdfmx works on your but not on her.
> > Her dvipdfmx works on her but not on your computer.

That was actually when I thought that she was sending you the dvipdfmx
that she compiled. But she probably sent you the one which she got
via tlmgr from the tlptexlive repository.

> Just to be clear: dvipdfmx from TL (no extra repositories) works fine
> even on obsolete CentOS 4.7
> Compilation of the binaries from TL svn on CentOS 5.3 works fine.

Good, that means as soon as we build binaries for current TL svn
and put them into the repository, ie wiht TL2012, this will all be
resolved.

Best wishes

Norbert
`She hit me on the head with the rock again.'
`I think I can confirm that that was my daughter.'
`Sweet kid.'
`You have to get to know her,' said Arthur.
`She eases up does she?'
but you get a better sense of when to
duck.'
                 --- Ford and Arthur on Random.