[tex-live] dvipdfmx on CentOS 5.6 (glibc 2.5)

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Apr 19 00:19:15 CEST 2012

On Mi, 18 Apr 2012, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> >> /home/zw/tmp/dvipdfmx: /lib64/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not
> >> found (required by /home/zw/tmp/dvipdfmx)
> >>
> >> Thus it seems that dvipdfmx works on my computer because I have not
> >> run "tlmgr update" for a long time. There is only one remaining
> >
> > How is this connected? tlmgr does not change any binaries till now,
> > AFAIS. It is only about the compilation problem.
> >
> Karen sent me her dvipdfmx, diff said that it differs from mine.

Ahh, she did rebuild her dvipdfmx from source, so of course it is changed.
And yes, there is an updated dvipdfmx in tlptexlive, but it is the
same as from current svn sources, no difference.

tlptexlive *only* adds pxdvi and pmpost, nothing else.
(plus updated binaries from current svn, but no patches for current svn
besides the above)

> Simple "dvipdfmx --version" works on my computer, if I do the same
> with Karen's version, I get the same error message as Karen. We both
> use x86_64 binaries.

So your dvipdfmx works on your but not on her.
Her dvipdfmx works on her but not on your computer.

Hmmm, what a pain.

I can only think that this comes from indirect library dependencies,
one lib is ldd-ed and requires in turn another lib..

Best wishes

Norbert