[tex-live] new release of latex-unicode

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at cs.ioc.ee
Wed Apr 18 16:35:55 CEST 2012

Am Mittwoch, den 11.04.2012, 23:06 +0200 schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:
> On 2012-04-11 at 15:47:06 +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > Dear Wolfgang,
> >
> > I was taking a look at your darcs repository and compared it with
> > what is currently available on the CTAN. Besides the addition
> > of .dtx/.ins files and some more scripts and text files, there
> > are some changes:
> > unicode/data/uni-1.def:
> > -\uc at dclc{416}{default}{\OHORN}%
> > -\uc at dclc{417}{default}{\ohorn}%
> > +\uc at dclc{416}{default}{\horn O}%
> > +\uc at dclc{417}{default}{\horn o}%
> >
> > and
> > -\uc at dclc{431}{default}{\UHORN}%
> > -\uc at dclc{432}{default}{\uhorn}%
> > +\uc at dclc{431}{default}{\horn U}%
> > +\uc at dclc{432}{default}{\horn u}%
>
> […]
>
> Does the change "\OHORN" ==> "\horn O" have any impact on what Hàn Thế
> Thành describes in his file "vn-min.pdf" (texdoc vn-min) when people
> are using ucs?

Unfortunately, I didn’t find anything in vn-min.pdf that is related to
ucs. What remark do you mean?

Actually, the changes in the mapping of the horn characters were done by
Dominique Unruh before I became the maintainer of the unicode package. I
took the version without the horn change from CTAN, and the version with
the horn change from Dominique’s website (which is now defunct).

I have no idea what this change was for. And while I have found
references to \OHORN, \ohorn, \UHORN, and \uhorn in The Comprehensive
LateX Symbol List, I haven’t found references to \horn. So maybe, it is
best if I just revert this change.

What do you think?

> […]

Best wishes,