[tex-live] dvipdfmx on CentOS 5.6 (glibc 2.5)

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Apr 17 05:46:16 CEST 2012

On Di, 17 Apr 2012, Karen Ellrick wrote:
>> The quickinstall is for *USERS*, those installing TeX Live THe
>> build.html is for those building the binaries, so to say developers.
> I know.  But the instructions for developers of where to put the
> resulting binaries assumes a structure with a Master directory - how is
> that directory structure created, unless by the regular installation of
> TexLive?

By svn checkout of the whole development tree ... you don't want
to do that .. ;-)

>> (besides the cases when binaries don't work, which is a pain)
> Yup, I feel that exact pain... ;)

Please work with Zdenek to check *why* it doe snot work. It should
definitely, as he is has older and newer CentOS running ...

Best wishes

Norbert
`The first ten million years were the worst,' said Marvin,
`and the second ten million, they were the worst too. The
third ten million I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went
into a bit of a decline.'
                 --- Marvin reflecting back on his 576,000,003,579 year
                 --- career as Milliways' car park attendent.