[tex-live] how to check out version X of package Y from SVN?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 00:55:07 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 23:52, Karl Berry wrote:
>    I would like to "check out" some specific package from TeX Live
>
> tlmgr show --list somepkg
> The lines beginning with a space character specify the files in somepkg.

Thank you. However this is basically the same as if I parse
texlive.tlpdb directly.

A slight drawback might be that it is not 100% reliable to parse
texlive.tlpdb (it is updated later than the package, so I need to be
careful that I don't try to fetch files with file list from a
different revision), but I will try to make sure that I only check
revisions right after texlive.tlpdb update.

>    able to check out from some particular revision of SVN repository if
>    possible,
>
> We have no support for anything like that.

How are tar.xz archives generated? Do you simply feed the compression
program with a list of files to be compressed?

Anyway, it is no problem to write a perl/ruby/whatever script from
scratch to do this.

Thank you,
    Mojca