[tex-live] tlmgr broken since upgrading wget

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 13:04:47 CEST 2011

** Kevin Klement [2011-09-02 06:51:43 -0400]:

> Thanks for your help, Vladimir.

> Yes, that seems to be the problem: the non-zero exit status of "wget
> -V" or "wget --version".

> I'll bring this up at the Arch forums as well. (Allan packaged wget;
> ergo Allan broke it.)

> In the meantime, I thought I'd share my temporary workaround. I
> created a file $HOME/bin/wget, which comes before /usr/bin/wget in my
> $PATH, which looks like this:

> #!/bin/bash
> if [[ "$1" == "-V" ]] || [[ "$1" == "--version" ]] ; then
>     /usr/bin/wget $@
>     exit 0
> else
>     /usr/bin/wget $@
>     exit $?
> fi

> This returns a zero exit status if the first argument is "-V" or
> "--version" and otherwise returns the normal exit status. Since it
> comes first in my $PATH, it gets called instead of /usr/bin/wget.

> With this, tlmgr seems to work OK, but it makes me a bit nervous that
> it'll break something else.

> I'll go ahead and bring this up at the Arch forums and see if anyone
> can think of anything better.

It is a bug in wget. I investigated the bzr trunk and seems found the
source of the problem. I prepared patch and send e-mail to wget bug
list, not sure how quickly it will be applied.

Here you can find my patch
https://raw.github.com/vp1981/pkgbuild/master/wget/wget-1.13.3.patch

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
L'hazard ne favorise que l'esprit prepare.
		-- L. Pasteur