[tex-live] Fontconfig for XeTeX versus regular fontconfig

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Fri Oct 28 23:44:45 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:39:13PM +0100, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> I believe the worst of the problems with xetex/xdvipdfmx font
> mismatches due to multiple versions of the same-named font could
> actually be fixed fairly easily, by modifying xetex so that (when
> using fontconfig to find fonts) it always writes the absolute path to
> the font file into the xdv output (as if the font had been specified
> by absolute pathname in the source document).

It turned out not that hard, the attached (very minimal patch) will
cause xetex to always write the full path to the XDV file (or so shows
the dviasm I patched, which makes me feel very confident :p) No idea
how this would affect xdv2pdf, though.

I did not test on actual "problematic" files, though. If someone has
such a file I'd be glade to test it.

Regards,
 Khaled