[tex-live] Can't install TexLive 2011 on windows x64 XP machine

Somwrita Sarkar somwrita.sarkar at sydney.edu.au
Thu Oct 20 08:01:27 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I have downloaded install-tl-20111019.zip, unzipped it, and am running the install-tl.bat file on a windows x64 machine with XP. The GUI starts, then gets stuck at step 1-2/5, i.e. loading the data repository. Then, it does absolutely nothing.

I am puzzled, because in 2010 I managed to successfully install the texlive 2010 version on another identical machine. Using the same instructions.

Please help urgently!! (The other machine has died, and I need to get texlive running on this machine, several papers pending).

thanks and regards,
ss.