[tex-live] Win 7: installationproblems, Perl stopped working

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Thu Nov 24 12:25:39 CET 2011

Norbert Preining wrote, On 2011-11-24 00:30:
> On Mi, 23 Nov 2011, Lars Madsen wrote:
>> Then the problem would be in the localisation. As far as I know there is
>> not Danish translation for either wizard or perltk, in which case it
>> falls back to the english version.
>
> You can try --lang de for example
> 	install-tl.bat --lang de

Interesting: THIS WORKS!

The wizard comes up in german.

The next question of course, is why does the fall back to English not work?

> Any is there any output when you do
> 	install-tl.bat -v -v
> ?

already answered earlier

D:found lang codes value = 0409, lm =
en-us;@%SystemRoot%\system32\mlang.dll,-4386...

I observe on a 32-bit, that the wizard gives me the following text in
the terminal (and comes up correct):

Sorry, no translations available for da; falling back to English.
Make sure that you have the package "texlive-msg-translations" installed.
(...)

This message never appear in the case where PERL stop working.

--

/daleif