[tex-live] hyperref broken

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Thu May 26 02:06:43 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 01:31:13AM +0200, Zdenek Wagner wrote:

> 2011/5/26 Pau <vim.unix at googlemail.com>:
> > Hi Zdenek,
> >
> > thanks, but that didn't work.
> >
> > For your information, I also had this problem with other classes than
> > mn2e and I am sorry, but I do not have the time to provide you with an
> > example.
> >
> > This is only a hint for texlive users. If you end up with
> >
> > !  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
> >
> > try to comment out hyperref.
> >
> > I spent two hours until I came up with this... I am trying to help
> > some desperate user.

This is usually done by making a proper bug report. Then the author
has the chance to verify the bug and to fix the package for the case
that this is indeed a bug.

> No, such a message will not help. This kind of an error may ave
> thousands reasons. For instance, if you use a fragile macro in a
> section name, it may be badly expanded in the wrong time/place and the
> document will crash.

Perhaps some stuff that doesn't work as bookmark strings.
An error message with some context would have given a clue
most likely. This kind of problem can be tested by disabling
the bookmarks:
  \usepackage[bookmarks=false]{hyperref}

Yours sincerely
  Heiko Oberdiek