[tex-live] problem with babel package

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri May 20 10:56:37 CEST 2011

2011/5/20 Philipp Stephani <st_philipp at yahoo.de>:

> Am 20.05.2011 um 09:32 schrieb Norbert Preining:

>> So are the Debian packagers, namely me, acting both upstrream and
>> as Debian packager.
>>
>> If not more people step forward and actually *help* then it will be
>> always like that. I simply have limited time and need to support
>> the released versions in Debian with fixes, plus write tlmgr.
>
> I think that often the old versions are fine, and package authors should at least try to support the versions that were present in the last two TL releases. I don't think that recommending Linux users to always install TL manually is a good idea.

What do you mean by support? For instance, I found a bug in my
package, fixed it, posted on CTAN and after a few days it was in TL.
Now if somebody encounters the very same bug, what should I do? I can
only refer him or her to a new version where the bug is fixed. What
else can I do?

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/