[tex-live] XITS version hasn't been upgraded yet

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Fri May 6 19:07:01 CEST 2011

Am 06.05.2011 um 18:29 schrieb Pander:

>> On Do, 05 Mai 2011, Pander wrote:
>>> http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/2010
>>
>> ARGGGGGG .....
>>
>> Wrong end, please contact tlcontrib at whatever.
>>
>> It might be wise to think *BEFOREHAND* and check the sources of
>> your complains.
>>
>> Please google that for me ... "tlcontrib" ... reading first page
>> (I'm feeling lucky)
>
> What I gathered from tlcontrib at the time I switched to that mirror was
> that is tl (and exactly latest stable tl) + extra (the contrib).
> Apparently that is a risky assumption on the part that it is exactly in
> sync with tl.

No, it is not a mirror, it is not in sync with TeX Live, it does not contain most of the TeX Live packages, and therefore you cannot *switch* to TLContrib. You can install *additional* packages using
tlmgr --repository http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/2010 install ...
but you still need an ordinary TeX Live mirror for all packages you didn't install from TLContrib.

>> Thanks for bothering us again and again and creating work for
>> volunteers.
>
> Sorry for that. Since I'm no longer using luatex I have switched back to
> normal tl mirror.

You can use TLContrib without "switching" (how did you "switch to TLContrib anyway) by simply using the appropriate repository URL on the command line. Unless you do this, TLContrib doesn't interfere with your installation at all.

http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/usage.html
*Please note:* TLContrib only contains a small set of packages that do not fit in with the normal TeXLive distribution. It is *not* meant to replace the tlnet repository, but *only* as an extra source of packages and updates that can not be acquired via normal means.