[tex-live] [tlbuild] lualatex-platform extension module in TeX Live?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri May 6 02:05:16 CEST 2011

    the time might be ripe to try to integrate the lualatex-platform
    module (https://github.com/phst/lltxplatform) into TeX Live.

I looked at this.  I'm sorry, but I think it is beyond TL for this year,
at least, and that tlcontrib is a better place for now.  I don't want to
take on a never-before-attempted part of the build (making shared
libraries) at this point in the process.  Especially not for something
which, at this point, is only about listing the system fonts.

It wouldn't even be close to working in the standard build.  Aside from
the autotools stuff that would be needed just to get it compiling on the
different platforms, and installed in the right place, it also has to
find liblua in the TL tree.

Maybe next time.

Best,
Karl