[tex-live] texworks updates on darwin

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Mar 31 02:33:45 CEST 2011

     ... needed by scheme-full scheme-gust scheme-medium

    Can this safely be ignored?  I don't care about scheme-gust, but
    scheme-full and scheme-medium sound rather important :).

As long as there is no (current) TW for the Mac, which there isn't, all
the TW files are useless baggage.  We include them in the
platform-independent part so that people who do have a current binary
can use them instead of separately downloading/installing them.  At
least I think that was our theory ... I admit I'm not completely
convincing myself :) ...

    Strangely, after forcibly removing collection-texworks, it's still
    using 20 MB of disk space:

I wonder if the corrected tlpobj hadn't made it to your system when you
ran the remove.  That would be the simplest answer.

    There are a bunch of PS fonts ...

All those things are in the texworks package now so they "should" have
been removed.  Sigh.

Thanks,